• Legend in the saddle
nae chance then;)
Go wi the Flo
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 6 months ago #13156

• david weir
  • Legend in the saddle
As ever you have proved why you have all that gold braid on you cuffs, Davie
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by david weir.
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 6 months ago #13164

• Paul J
  • Legend in the saddle
Gery, you are a master of delegation:laugh:

Hope Davie B. heals quickly
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Paul J.
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 6 months ago #13190

• Brian J
  • Legend in the saddle
  • Anyone got a spare innertube?
David Auld wrote:
Ouch !! - As nasty ( and impressive ! ) as Davy's incident sounds I'm afraid this entry may be refused - if you check the entry requirements for the Suicide Squad it clearly states :

"Note that all Entries must be witnessed by at least another two riders. Nae “solo” entries will be permitted. Photographic or Video evidence will greatly increase your chances of entry and a picture published in MBR gets automatic approval."

Even if the first couple of criteria are met I'm sure a Roadie would never get a picture published in MBR

I'm sure Wing Commander Gery "Gman"Gallagher and Squadron Leader Brian "Mechanicals" Jenkins will be along to give their verdict.

Kind regards

Squadron Leader Davy "Auldy" Auld

PS - All the best Dave B, hope you are on the mend and back on the bike soon.

Apolologies for the delay in my response to this matter but I have been on leave attending to winter snow squad duties (in other words I cracked me rib skiing)

Anyway having reviewed the assessment of fellow Squad Leader Auld I feel that the following shoulde be taken into consideration:

While there is was not two witnesses, this is also not a solo entry as the application was lodged by the the only witness who is a club member. Given that there was no one else to dispute or verify either way and as it should not be difficult to produce the required Medical proof from the hospital there is certainly a case to say that the incident did happen beyond any doubt.

Also, while it clearly took place while riding a road bike, we should not allow our natural revulsion to cloud our judgment and at least give recognition to the fact that the manouvre being attempted was clearly that of an a MTB and in the process he was helping rid the world of another of those god awful gayboy chariots.

Under the circumstances I would be inclined to accept the application to join the Squad which brings us all to the moment we really wanted and get the Wing commander to get off the fence and tell us what he really thinks or in the words of Mr Weir " is he in or oot?"

In the meantime Good Luck with the recovery DavyB)
Anyone got a spare innertube?
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 6 months ago #13242

• wcg
  • Administrator
  • There can be only ONE
Brian J wrote:
David Auld wrote:
Ouch !! - As nasty ( and impressive ! ) as Davy's incident sounds I'm afraid this entry may be refused - if you check the entry requirements for the Suicide Squad it clearly states :

"Note that all Entries must be witnessed by at least another two riders. Nae “solo” entries will be permitted. Photographic or Video evidence will greatly increase your chances of entry and a picture published in MBR gets automatic approval."

Even if the first couple of criteria are met I'm sure a Roadie would never get a picture published in MBR

I'm sure Wing Commander Gery "Gman"Gallagher and Squadron Leader Brian "Mechanicals" Jenkins will be along to give their verdict.

Kind regards

Squadron Leader Davy "Auldy" Auld

PS - All the best Dave B, hope you are on the mend and back on the bike soon.

Apolologies for the delay in my response to this matter but I have been on leave attending to winter snow squad duties (in other words I cracked me rib skiing)

Anyway having reviewed the assessment of fellow Squad Leader Auld I feel that the following shoulde be taken into consideration:

While there is was not two witnesses, this is also not a solo entry as the application was lodged by the the only witness who is a club member. Given that there was no one else to dispute or verify either way and as it should not be difficult to produce the required Medical proof from the hospital there is certainly a case to say that the incident did happen beyond any doubt.

Also, while it clearly took place while riding a road bike, we should not allow our natural revulsion to cloud our judgment and at least give recognition to the fact that the manouvre being attempted was clearly that of an a MTB and in the process he was helping rid the world of another of those god awful gayboy chariots.

Under the circumstances I would be inclined to accept the application to join the Squad which brings us all to the moment we really wanted and get the Wing commander to get off the fence and tell us what he really thinks or in the words of Mr Weir " is he in or oot?"

In the meantime Good Luck with the recovery DavyB)

After careful deliberation and the above testimonys i have reached my decision (Don hat)

there were no witnesses, however i attended the crash scene with the FAA and Frank and can confirm:

yes he crashed : ( on a very slight curve in the road and proved beyond a doubt that roadies cannot corner a bike to save themselves)

yes he was addmitted into hospital ( went back in on wed and had a plate fitted as broken in 3 places)

however as squadron leader "scarface" auld points out there were no witnesses, also no solo entries allowed, pics available of the crash scene (for a nominal fee)

On a personal note and also to counter any "sitting on the fence" he was riding a poof chariot and that alone EXCLUDES his entry to the squad, However it may be only fair to set up a roadie version of the squad, we could name it
"steers n queers shunts"

My decision is

"Mr Brodie does not meet the required criteria to join the squad"

WCG 01/04/2011
Trek 930 last of the Cro Molys, : Genesis IO ID 1st of the new Cro Molys
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 6 months ago #13243

• Dave H
  • Getting some air
Shocking:angry: !!!

I'm sure that the human rights peeps would have something to say about this!! This is beginning to sound like racism against roadies:P

I shall be advising Mr Brodie to take this up with his LawyerB)

In the meantime WCG, can you and Neil (with the recently purchased P... chariot!!) give me a shout when u r both hitting the tarmac? Don't be taking that literally:silly:

Dave H
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page: